Tuesday, November 02, 2010

SoulCollage® at Ghost Ranch

Here is a photo of our SoulCollage® group walking the labyrinth at Ghost Ranch in early October.

So much has happened since my last post, and I want to revive this blog, so it is my heartfelt intention to put something up here on a more frequent basis.

I recently spent a week at Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu, New Mexico, teaching a SoulCollage® workshop to a group of 11 women, and it was spiritually renewing!


Bill and I took a road trip there, meandering through Arizona,
stopping in Prescott and Winslow, visiting La Posada Hotel which was worth the trip in itself! (the 'last great railroad hotel').  Once we crossed into New Mexico, the landscape changed dramatically and I started imagining what life must have been like a few hundred years ago around this part of the country.

(Here is my new SoulCollage® card:  I Am One Who loves to take a road trip with my honey, knowing that the key to happiness is keeping company with a kindred spirit.  I Am One Who travels through the desert landscape in awe and wonder.)
 

We arrived at Ghost Ranch on Sunday around noon, and felt that incredible energy of the "thin place":


"Truth abides in thin places; naked, raw, hard to face truth.  Yet the comfort, safety and strength to face that truth also abides there.  Thin places captivate our imagination, yet diminish our existence.  We become very small, yet we gain connection and become part of something larger than we can perceive.   The human spirit is awakened and will grow if the body and mind allow it." - Mindie Burgoyne



I will post more about the Ghost Ranch workshop week, the wonderful group of women, the creative energy, the cards that were made, readings that were done, and deep friendships that were formed.....it's good to be back here in the blogosphere!  Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

ClairityBe said...

Kat!
Good to see you back here!
I too am smitten with that part of our country. Steve and I were there for part of our honeymoon (AZ high desert and New Mexico). I'm so glad you got to spend time there with Bill.
Saw your book today on SoulCollage/Art Therapy. Awesome!
~Claire

Kathryn (Kat) said...

Thanks Claire! I'm excited about the launch of my new CD (perhaps a book is next??)! Hope you're doing well, enjoying this beautiful warm weather.

Anonymous said...

Kat,
Here is part of the e-mail I sent Mindie Burgoyne about Thin Places. (She is concerned that I quoted from her, but didn't name here. I apologize for any issues that arise for you. (Love your blog)
Dear Mindie,
Thanks for the e-mail. I apologize for any violations. I have removed the photo. I should have asked permission.
I'm pretty conscientious about giving credit where credit is due.
I did mention your name when I quoted directly from you, so in an effort to be more clear about that, I italicized your name.
In the words of another writer, M Burgoyne:
What is a thin place? . . .

Kathryn (Kat) said...

I changed the credit about thin places from Sheila Wright to Mindie Burgoyne....sorry for any unintended violation of copyright laws!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,
I want to apologize again for the lack of clarity in my post on Thin Places. I'm glad you changed your post to reflect that those were Mindie's words and not mine. I love your blog. Sorry again...it was not intentional.Thanks